Skip to main content

today we're celebrating


Almost 3 summers ago when I started this blog, I knew exactly what I wanted it to be— a place where I could share my truth and hopefully inspire others. "When Life Gives You Lemons" was the first title of this blog. The intent was to focus on making the most out of whatever life throws your way, the good and bad.

As time moved on, I decided that I wanted to dig deeper in my own life by asking myself the hard questions and paying close attention to the answers that often come when we're silent enough to hear them. Spiritual Anthropology became the new name and here we are— 5,000 page views later from people all over the world.

Here's a list of the top 10 countries where people are reading.

1) United States
2) Russia
3) Germany
4) France
5) United Kingdom
6) Thailand
7) Brazil
8) India
9) Mexico
10) Norway

I want to take this time to give my sincerest thanks and gratitude for each of you. This blog has become the ways and means by which I strive to add meaning to the world. This platform has meant so much to me and I'm moved each time I hear from you. So please, let's have deeper conversations in the comment sections and feel free to email us at spiritualanthropology@gmail.com.
Become a SA Love Ambassador, committing to sow seeds of love wherever you are.


In the words of the great poet June Jordan, "We are the ones we have been waiting for." Yes, we are the ones who will change the world.
Here's to the next 5000!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

your life is sacred: honoring every moment

on this day, exactly eleven years ago today, my mother entered the Baptist for her second mastectomy. the cancer was vicious, relentless, and evidently insatiably hungry for the life of my mother. She had already had the other breast removed and she went into this surgery confident that it would be best.  i remember her strength and her faith most vividly during this week. i also remember her strongly rejecting my request for funds to purchase a new shirt for the pastor's appreciation that was coming up that Friday. i'm not sure if my mother knew this was her last week on earth. there were no "final conversations" or any discussion of what was next for our lives without her.  she would leave behind her four children, her dreams, and ultimately, a life well-lived that same night of the pastor's appreciation, which also happened to be All Saints Day. my mother's life, her struggle with breast cancer, and her early demise at thirty-three helps def...

summer GROWTH

       you know growing up, one of the things i always looked forward to was the summertime. not only because of the time out of school, but because i thought summer was a time to grow -- physically. in the fall, I would be amazed at how much taller my peers had grown. Apparently, the summer wasn't as giving to me.       nowadays, i still think of the summer as a time of growth but on a whole other level... mentally. every summer, i set a goal to read at least 100 books (don't ask me if they all get read), i watch documentaries and do other mind stimulating activities. however, i still give myself all of the rest and relaxation I need.      one thing i am certain of is this, you may not be able to control your physical growth, but you can control growth in other areas of your life. mental, spiritual, and financial growth, to name a few, also takes time, but they depend solely on you. where ar...

words from the wise...

“I don't know if I continue, even today, always liking myself. But what I learned to do many years ago was to forgive myself. It is very important for every human being to forgive herself or himself because if you live, you will make mistakes- it is inevitable. But once you do and you see the mistake, then you forgive yourself and say, 'well, if I'd known better I'd have done better,' that's all. So you say to people who you think you may have injured, 'I'm sorry,' and then you say to yourself, 'I'm sorry.' If we all hold on to the mistake, we can't see our own glory in the mirror because we have the mistake between our faces and the mirror; we can't see what we're capable of being. You can ask forgiveness of others, but in the end the real forgiveness is in one's own self. I think that young men and women are so caught by the way they see themselves. Now mind you, when a larger society sees them as unattractive, a...